As a reminder, tonight Tuesday, May 29th is our Senior Honors Ceremony for invited students. All senior honors students should arrive by 6:20 in their gowns, no caps. The program begins at 7:00 pm. There is a state playoff girls soccer game occurring that evening too, so please add some extra time to find parking.
Last Thursday, I met with students and reminded them about some important things before they received their cap and gowns. I included a few of those points here:
- Senior students shouldn’t be on any DPS property unless they have official business; specifically they should not be near Edsel Ford or Fordson.
- The dress for both senior honors and commencement is dressy. Boys a collared shirt, no jeans, no shorts, dressy shoes. Girls, dress appropriate for the day; consider wearing flats as heels on the grass at commencement and coming down steps at honors can cause problems. Students in shorts or jeans will not participate.
- Friday, June 8th is commencement rehearsal at 9:00 am in the auditorium. You have to be in attendance if you are planning on walking at graduation. If you are not at rehearsal you will not participate. If there is a legitimate conflict, you must contact me prior to rehearsal beginning firstname.lastname@example.org.
- June 9th is commencement and the senior party. We begin lining up at 5:25 on the Tennis Courts, this is the only time you need your cap. Make sure you are on time as we will begin without you.
Do not decorate your caps, bring water bottles, bring noise-makers, inflatable balloons, or anything else that will distract the ceremony including flips, dancing, or anything else after you cross the stage; you’re the main attraction but so is everyone else. After commencement, you’re going to need to get your diploma and then following that is the senior party.
- At commencement, our expectation is that we all enjoy ourselves within reason and respect the event. Do not spoil the event for your families, friends, or yourself..
- May 29th, 7pm Senior Honors Assembly
- June 8th, 9am-11am Required Commencement Practice, DHS
- June 9th, 6:00 pm Commencement, Students arrive by 5:25
- June 9th, 9:00 pm Senior Party