Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
A few reminders:
- Students should not be on any Dearborn Public School property unless they have specific school related business. If you have sports, are taking a test, finishing E2020, need to pick up a sibling, or attend a concert, of course you can be here. DO NOT GO TO EDSEL OR FORDSON CAMPUSES.
- Cords and Stoles can be worn at Commencement but no Key Club stole at Commencement.
- For commencement please wear appropriate clothing: collared shirts, no jeans, no shorts, dressy shoes. Please consider wearing flats as the grass and the bleachers are difficult to navigate in heels.
- Commencement rehearsal is Friday, June 7th at 9:00 am in the auditorium. You must attend if you are planning on walking at commencement. If there is a major conflict, please let Mr. Martin know. You must attend the rehearsal to receive your two tickets if commencement is moved indoors to the gym because of the weather. As long as the weather cooperates and the commencement is able to be held outside, there is no limit on the number of guests who may attend.
- The commencement ceremony is June 8th. Students should be lined up on the tennis courts by 5:15 PM. You should wear your cap and gown. Be on time because we will start without you. Do not bring water bottles, noise-makers, inflatable balloons, or anything else that will distract from the ceremony; you’re the main attraction but so are the other students so please celebrate respectfully. Make sure to get your diploma after the ceremony.
- You may decorate your graduation cap if you wish but if it is inappropriate you will not participate in the commencement ceremony.
At commencement, our expectation is that we will all enjoy ourselves within reason and respect the event. Do not spoil the event for your families, friends, or yourself. Please be respectful in how you behave during commencement and at the senior party.
Again, congratulations! We’re all proud of you and your accomplishments at Dearborn High School! You are and always will be a Pioneer; let’s maintain that pride with our actions.