How The Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Works
We’ll pay for your medical assistant college classes; MiWorks will assist you with additional expenses like textbooks, scrubs and stethoscopes. We’ll also give you paid, on-the-job training so that you’ll receive all of the tools needed to successfully become a medical assistant. To date, 32 apprentices have graduated and virtually all of them are working fulltime at Henry Ford.
To apply, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Include official transcripts of any post-high school education in your application
- Undergo a criminal background check
- Be physically capable of performing essential functions of a medical assistant apprentice with or without reasonable accommodation and without posting a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others
- Pass a pre-employment health screening, which includes: nicotine and drug urine testing, tuberculosis skin testing, respirator fit testing, color vision testing, and receiving the MMR, varicella, hepatitis B, flu and COVID-19 vaccines
Click this link for more information.