Dearborn High School is committed to:
- ensuring a welcoming environment.
- communicating state standards and academic subjects.
- posting academic and discipline standards.
- allowing reasonable access to staff and ample opportunities to volunteer, participate, and observe in classrooms.
- provide materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve academic achievement.
- enabling parents to monitor academic progress via Parent Connect, progress reports, and cardmarking grades.
- encouraging parental involvement in school activities through online communication, school advertisement, and home mailings.
- sharing the DHS Parent Involvement Policy and the requirements of the Title I programs.
- guaranteeing that information related to the school or parent programs, meetings, and other activities is sent to parents in an understandable and uniform format.
- scheduling an annual meeting concerning Title I resources and activities.
- providing staff with professional development that helps fortify the home/school partnership.
- providing a liaison for parents with limited English and/or literacy skills.
In the classroom, DHS staff is committed to:
- providing clear learning targets in student friendly language.
- differentiating instruction so each student can improve their academic ability.
- cultivating a growth mindset in students.
- delivering extended learning time via tutoring, clubs, intervention classes, and extended day programs.
- communicating with families using student planners, classroom blogs, Parent & Student Connect, daily announcements, phone blasts, and newsletters.
providing parent involvement opportunities such as math/literacy nights, parent education meetings, theater arts programs, and PFSA/Booster activities.