You may have seen information from Dearborn Public Schools about the approval of our Continuity of Learning Plan by Wayne County RESA.
In short, the work now counts starting Monday. Students must check in twice each week with each of their teachers at the teacher’s scheduled time, and they must turn in their assignments in order to get credit. Students who are not checking in and who are not doing their work may not earn credit.
Here is what the learning plan will look like for DHS students beginning Monday, April 20:
- Students need to check in with their teachers twice a week. (Teachers are sharing their expectations for student check ins using the same platforms they have been using to communicate with students: iBlogs, Google Classroom, iLearn, and Remind.)
- Teachers will post assignments by 12:00 PM on Sundays.
- Assignments will be due by 10:00 AM on Fridays.
- Teachers and students can use the following schedule below to arrange check in times.
|Monday and Wednesday||Tuesday and Thursday||Friday|
|1:00-1:40||1st Hour Check-In||4th Hour Check-In||As Needed|
|1:40-2:20||2nd Hour Check-In||5th Hour Check-In|
|2:20-3:00||3rd Hour Check-In||6th Hour Check-In|
- Students who are checking in regularly and passing 75% of their assignments have the ability to earn an “A” on their report card for semester 2.
- There will be no 5th marking period report card, no 6th marking period progress report, and no final exams for semester 2.
- Last day for classwork for seniors will be May 21.
For students who need Chromebooks, there is another Chromebook distribution at Dearborn High School tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, April 22 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.