Congratulations to all our Pioneer Seniors and their families, who attended Honors Night, Prom and NHS – last week. We wish them all the best and can’t wait to see and hear of their future successes.
Reminders for Seniors:
- Senior students shouldn’t be on any DPS property unless they have official business; specifically they should not be near Edsel Ford or Fordson.
- The dress for commencement is dressy. Boys a collared shirt, no jeans, no shorts, dressy shoes. Girls, dress appropriately for the day; consider wearing flats or wedges – as spike heels on the grass at commencement and coming down steps at honors can cause problems. Students in shorts or jeans will not participate.
- Friday, June 10th is commencement rehearsal at 9:00 am at tennis courts. You have to be in attendance if you are planning on walking at graduation. If you are not at rehearsal you will not participate. If there is a legitimate conflict, you must contact me prior to rehearsal at email@example.com.
- June 11th is commencement and the senior party. We begin lining up at 8:30am on the Tennis Courts, this is the only time you need your cap. Make sure you are on time as we will begin without you.
- Your diploma will be in the cover you receive when you cross the stage. You will get your yearbook from the concession stand after the ceremony.
- The senior party is at 9pm on June 11th.
Do not bring noise-makers, inflatable balloons, or anything else that will distract the ceremony including flips, dancing, or anything else after you cross the stage; you’re the main attraction but so is everyone else. At commencement, our expectation is that we all enjoy ourselves within reason and respect the event. Do not spoil the event for your families, friends, or yourself..
The last day of school is June 17th and all family vacations should start after your child has concluded their school year on that date.
Our last full week looks like this – let’s make it a great week!!
Monday, June 6th
- Departmental Meetings @ 2:55pm
Tuesday, June 7th
- Graduation Planning Meeting – Admin, Counselors, SRTs
- Virtual P-12 and Magnet/Adult Ed Commencement @ MBCC
Wednesday, June 8th
- Scholarship Event @ Summit Hall
- Athletic Booster Club Meeting
Thursday, June 9th
- FHS Commencement
Friday, June 10th
- Required Commencement Practice (ALL SENIORS), DHS, 9-11am (no need to dress up for rehearsal; no gown/cap needed for rehearsal)
- Lunch provided for all seniors who attend rehearsal (compliments of CIS and community partners)
- EFHS Commencement
Saturday, June 11th
- Commencement @ 10am, Students MUST arrive by 8:30am at tennis courts
- Senior Party @ 9pm
I hope you have a wonderful week!!