Class of 2023
Monday, August 19, 2018
8:30 AM to 1:45 PM
DHS Cafeteria – Enter through the doors by the cafeteria.
Registration, club fair, games, free DHS t-shirt, and much more!
Students must attend the entire orientation and bring the green health appraisal/physical form to receive their class schedules, locker assignments, and DHS t-shirt.
Students who do not attend orientation must report to the cafeteria on the first day of school which is Monday, August 26.
If your freshman does not receive an information packet before orientation, please contact the school office at 313.827.1600.
For students taking a bus to school in the fall, buses will be at the following schools at 8:00 AM on Orientation Day. Buses will return students to the same locations after Orientation concludes at 1:45 PM.
- River Oaks Elementary School – 20755 Ann Arbor Trail
- Maple Elementary School – 6801 Mead St.
- Please ensure the green health appraisal/physical form is completed.
- Please drop students off by 8:15 AM. Parents do not attend Freshman Orientation.
- Please pick them up promptly at 1:45 PM.
- Bring the green health appraisal/physical form.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Leave purses and bags at home.
- Report to the Cafeteria by 8:30 AM
- Meet your Link Leader and participate in Link Crew Orientation Assembly.